Thursday, March 10, 2011

Music Tea and a Good Book

I've spent too many days alone in my room this break. I need to get out and go somewhere without friends or family just me away from everyone for a day or so. Even cooped up in my room all day I still am never quite alone, people are constantly interrupting what little peace I've built up. Break is supposed to be enjoyable, but it isn't it never really is all that enjoyable because I don't get to do what I want to do only what fits into other peoples plans. Whatever here is a poem.

Hold Me Down


The weight of the world falling down upon me,
Restraining my body, my mind, my soul.
There is nothing to escape from but myself.
Time passes while reality shifts in an out.
The light turns off and the images begin.
Unidentifiable images racing by,
Like all the people in my life, moving too fast.
Too fast to catch up to; They're always a step ahead.
Now alone in this room I see them again,
Moving to a place I can’t see.
A place that promises a sense of being,
But I am here and now and I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment