Salt Firing
Today was spent making a nice hot fire, into the 2200f+ range. Everything seemed to go well besides the burns and splinters which accompany such an activity. It felt good to get enveloped in something so simplistic as making something hotter, in reality there are so many things to keep track of and yet with the right interest it wasn't hard at all. Besides the gratitude of reaching higher and higher temperatures there was always the joy of just sitting and watching the flames dance; at points there were patches of chemical flames which burned florescent purple and at one point a turquoise color. It was a lot of fun and its really exciting knowing that I have work that will come out of it, it's just cool to follow something through the entire process and to be active in the process.
It's the end of break and I'm happy that its coming to a close and that I feel good about where I am at currently so I believe that this trimester will be a good one. One to be enjoyed on different levels but mostly just something to keep the time passing because I'm pretty sure the school aspect will be cake again. The life bit will be more interesting.
Onward to life and stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment